To configure your Eudora or any other e-mail client, you need to know your POP3 and SMTP servers. To find them out:
- Log into H-Sphere / Cpanel / Plesk control panel;
- Click Mail Service on your control panel home page.
Your provider's mail server may use different SMTP relays for sending mail - POP before SMTP or SMTP AUTH. In POP before SMTP, the relay system collects your IP address when you authenticate yourself with the POP server, and then permits SMTP relaying from that IP address for a short period of time. In other words, if your server uses POP before SMTP, you need to check your mail first, only then you can send your messages. If your mail servers uses SMTP AUTH, you must configure your Eudora to send a login and password not only when you receive mail, but also when you send it. Ask your provider which relay the server uses .
Use this form to fill in what you need and save it for future reference.
- Your POP or mail server:
- Your SMTP or outgoing mail server:
- Your e-mail login name:
- Your e-mail address:
- Now you are ready to get started!
This tutorial assumes you've already created your new email account in your web hosting account..... typically through your hosting control panel.
Now let's learn how to setup that new email account in Eudora, so you'll be able to send/receive emails to/from that new email account from here.
1) Start by clicking the Tools link here.
2) Then click Options.
The Options window appears.
3) Enter the Name as you would like it to appear in the From field of outgoing emails.
4) Now enter your new email address here.
5) Enter your Incoming Mail Server (POP3) setting here.
Your Mail Server setting will have been provided to you in your welcome email, and often times is simply mail.yourdomain.com.
6) Now enter the email username as provided to you by your hosting provider..... this may be the entire email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), or just the username prefix (john).
7) Enter your Outgoing SMTP Server setting here.
Depending on your ISP (Internet Service Provider), you may not be able to use the SMTP server setting provided by your hosting provider; you may have to use the SMTP server setting supplied by your ISP.
If you are unable to send emails from your new account after it's setup, try changing this SMTP setting to that provided by your ISP, and try again.
8) Click OK when finished.
That's it! We've successfully setup an email account, and can now start sending and receiving emails to and from that account, from Eudora 7.
9) Click the Personalities tab here.
10) Right-click the account we just setup here.....
11) Then click Properties.
The Properties window opens..... this is where you can make changes to your email account, your Real Name display, server settings, etc.... if you ever have to.
12) Click OK
13) Right-click here again.....
14) Then click New...
You can always come here to setup additional email accounts.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to setup an email account in Eudora. Remember that you also have to create that email address in your hosting account before it will work.